There are scholarships of all different kinds available to students. Here, we will provide information on a number of local scholarships. If you are interested in searching for scholarships on a larger scale, consider using websites such as Big Future by the College Board, Cappex, Scholarships.com, or Fastweb. There are a large number of additional scholarship search websites. It is also a good idea to look for scholarships directly on the website of the college or university you plan to attend. As a general rule, you should never pay to apply for a scholarship.
Local Scholarships (Penta-only scholarships are listed first)
The Penta Career Center Common Scholarship Application
Due: April 22, 2022
The Penta Career Center Common Application includes the following scholarships:
- The Danny Drzewiecki Scholarship Fund Presented by Progressive Sweeping Contractors Inc.
- The David and Virginia Martin Scholarship
- The Louise Fought Scholarship for Career-Technical High School Students
- The Lourdes University Scholarship
- The Penta Career Center Culinary Scholarship
- The Penta General Scholarship
- The P.E.O. Chapter EJ Barbara Klopfenstein Scholarship
- The Perrysburg Kiwanis Scholarship
- The Wesley Tymiak Memorial Scholarship
The Hirzel Excellence Award
Due: April 14, 2022
The Hirzel Excellence Award is given in honor of Karl A. & Rosalie Hirzel. This scholarship can be used for postsecondary education or for resources needed to get started in a career.
Wood County Township Association Scholarship
Due: April 29, 2022
This one-time, $500 scholarship will be awarded to two deserving students based on availability of donated funds by the Wood County Township Association Scholarship Committee.
TJ Reynolds Scholarship
Due: April 30, 2022
TJ Reynolds was the son of Margaret Rodriguez-Thompson and the late Robert Thompson, Korean War Veteran. TJ was active in our post, and he is honored with this Scholarship program. This is a one-time $1,000 scholarship awarded to two deserving students by the Walbridge VFW post..
Bates Recycling Scholarship
Due: February 18, 2022
Amount: $500 one-time scholarship
- Eligible students must:
- Be a Penta Career Center senior
- A born U.S. Citizen
- Complete and submit application materials by the deadline
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
Owens Tech Prep Scholarship
The Tech Prep Scholarship is available for fall and spring, for up to four consecutive semesters. The maximum award is $500 per semester towards instructional and general fees, and an allowance for books, that are not paid by other financial aid, such as the Federal Pell Grant.
- You must meet the following criteria to be considered for the scholarship.
- Achieve a minimum 2.5 GPA by the end of your 7th high school semester.
- Enroll at Owens Community College for the fall semester immediately following high school graduation.
- Maintain full-time enrollment (12 or more credit hours) in fall and spring semesters with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better. Continuous full-time enrollment in fall and spring semesters is required in order to continue receiving the scholarship.
- Declare an associate degree program which is related to your high school Tech Prep career pathway.
- Indicate the intent to obtain a certificate, or to obtain an associate degree for transfer to another college or for the job market. Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each academic year.
- Complete the verification process if the your FAFSA application is selected for verification.
Chuck Ealey Foundation - Undefeated Spirit Essay Contest
Due: March 17, 2022
Award: $500 scholarship for winner; $125 scholarships for the other four finalists
The Chuck Ealey Undefeated Spirit Foundation invites ALL current high school seniors (those attending both public and parochial schools) in the greater Toledo community to participate in the 2022 Chuck Ealey Undefeated Spirit Essay ContestTM. Students do not need to be involved in athletics to participate!
- Contest entrants must be a senior attending high school in the greater Toledo community
- Contest entrants must submit a written essay describing their undefeated spirit in 500 words or less (the essay must contain each student’s first/last name, school name and be shared as an pdf/jpg attachment)
- The essay must be submitted electronically to [email protected] by Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 4:00 pm
- Essays entered into the contest will be scored by a panel of judges assembled by The Chuck Ealey Foundation
Anthony Wayne Democratic Club Scholarship
Due: April 16, 2022
The Anthony Wayne Democratic Club Scholarship will be awarded to the applicant who best demonstrated school and community commitment, who recognizes the importance of the democratic process, and who plans to continue his or her education or job training after graduating from Anthony Wayne High School.