Penta Career Center is partnering with all sixteen member school districts ranging from grades 7-12 to implement YouScience. Through the use of YouScience, students will engage in “brain games” to identify and connect their natural talents with real-world careers. From there, students will create career development plans to use as a guide for course selection, career exploration, future planning, etc.
Students are learning the difference between an aptitude and an interest and how they can mesh the two together to explore careers they have never heard of before. The goal is to expose students to many different careers.
The Career Awareness Coordinator offers the following services and activities:
K-6 Career Awareness
• Providing Career Awareness opportunities to students in our member schools
• Creating Career Awareness lessons and activities aligned to Ohio’s grade level standards
• Teaching Career Awareness lessons and activities to 2nd and 5th graders in some of our member schools
• Assisting teachers and school counselors with the successful implementation of quality Career Awareness related lessons and activities
CAREER AWARENESS KITS
• Assisting our member school leaders with the successful implementation of YouScience. The YouScience initiative has stemmed from an effort to expand Career Awareness and Exploration opportunities for all students in our five-county region. Through the use of YouScience, 7th through 12th-grade students will engage in aptitude tests to identify and connect their natural talents with real-world careers. From there, students will create student success plans to use as a guide for course selection, career exploration, and future planning.
• Assisting with the analysis and use of YouScience assessment results
• Assisting with the development of Student Success Plans
• Leading professional development training sessions for Penta staff and member school staff
• Planning and engaging in Career Awareness related events