Penta Career Center is seeking a qualified part-time Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning (HVAC) instructor to join our Adult & Continuing Education Department. The qualified applicant will be able to transfer his/her knowledge and skills of the industry, in a hands-on lab setting, to a class made up of adults interested in entering the HVAC field. This position qualifies the applicant for membership in the State Teachers Retirement System (STS).
The class meets Monday through Thursday from 5 - 10 pm. Duties may be shared with an additional instructor based on availability.
The preferred applicant will have, at the minimum, the qualifications listed below:
- Current or former industry professional capable of following an approved course of study.
- Ability to interact professionally with students, staff, and other persons.
- Ability to complete duties in an organized manner with accuracy.
- Documented evidence of a clear criminal record.
- Demonstrated dependability and the flexibility to react to interruptions and emerging procedures effectively.
- Ability to accept personal responsibility for decisions and conduct.
The preferred applicant will be responsible, at a minimum, for the duties listed below:
- Monitor and track student attendance in cooperation with administration.
- Assess and grade student assignments from text and labs, along with entering the information into a database.
- Provide all lab and classroom instruction based on the current curriculum.
For more information, contact Debra Morris at 419.661.6185 or Chad Greeley at 419.661.6503